Monday, February 14, 2011

Beautiful You - Day 6

Ditch the "Fat Chat." Stop the "Body Bashing."

This is an interesting concept for me. For me, it's not so much the "chat" that I have an issue with but. Typically, I keep quiet about myself if others are "fat chatting." I try to keep a pretty positive attitude when around others because I know that negativity breeds negativity no matter what the situation. I also realize that this chatter usually is with women who see me as very thin and fit and healthy even though I don't always feel that way. I learned early on that if I mentioned my body image issues, I was immediately refuted and dismissed due to their vision of me.

"Body bashing," on the other hand, is what I need to work to get rid of. While I am very quiet about my feelings about my body on the outside, the voices on the inside are usually shouting and not very nice. I have got to work on quieting those voices and turning them into positive thinking. I have to learn to stop myself when I feel inclined to put myself down and when I hear those negative thoughts taking over. I need to kill those negative thoughts with positivity and strength.

1 comment:

  1. While you might be seeing things as what's wrong with what you are doing towards your body, this is one place where you can really celebrate what is right-- it's great that you aren't "fat talking"- that is usually a hard habit for women to break- and the book will soon have you tackle the private conversations in your head, too. Thanks for sharing your journey! Rosie

    ReplyDelete