Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Beautiful You - Day 1

Body Image and Me
I hope that I can truly accept my body 100% for what it is and what it isn't. I hope that I can love my body for all of its perfections and imperfections. I want to look in the mirror and be truly happy with what I see. I want to stop arguing with myself when I get dressed in the morning.


Body Image and the World
I would like to turn on the T.V. and open magazines and see models, actors and actresses of all shapes and sizes being accepted as just that....models, actors and actresses. Why do we have to categorize "plus-size" models (who are actually quite normally sized)?? Beauty should not be dependent upon size or shape and, unfortunately, the world continues to be dependent upon them. I would love to see beauty be dependent upon talent and passion and faith.

How Can I Begin Today?
Today I can remember to appreciate the body that G-d has given me. I only get one, so I need to continue to take care of it and love it for what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment