Sunday, February 6, 2011

Beautiful You - Day 4

Body image didn't really affect my daily life and outlook until recent years. There was a time when I didn't even consider body image. I lived my life without worrying about weight. I was happy with what I saw in the mirror every day. I guess because my weight didn't really fluctuate, I didn't really pay much attention to it.

After I got married, my weight began to fluctuate. Honestly, it wasn't anything major but it was enough to bother me. It was enough to change my outlook on myself. I began to over-analyze every part of my body. I didn't like what I saw in the mirror.

Because of all of this, I am more critical of myself in all kinds of ways. I tend to beat myself up because of what I see in the mirror, especially when my weight fluctuates (just by a few pounds). I am very aware that my view of my body is very different from how others view it, and yet, I still have the same negative feelings.

I think one of the positive things that has come from my body image issues has been my entrance into the running world. This has helped my self confidence tremendously, but it hasn't erased those negative feelings about my body that come back to haunt me.

1 comment:

  1. It still amazes me how differently we see ourselves than our friends do, our spouses, but even the mirror reflection...how our mind can shout louder with haunts than our own REAL imagine in front of us...

    ReplyDelete